After the seemingly endless winter, Summer is finally here! Woohoo!!
I’m booking the last of our camping trips, eating more bbq chicken, and enjoying the fact that my laundry basket doesn’t fill up as quickly. 🙂 That last one is kinda a tricky one because it makes me think I can do laundry less often. It’s a lie though.
Aside from my laundry predicament, Summer is my second favorite season.
Yes, it’s only my second — but it’s quickly becoming my favorite!
While I love Winter and I think I always will, the addition of a camper to our lives makes weekend escapes so much easier. With hardly any work, we’re able to hope in the car, drive an hour, and pretend like we have no responsibilities.
Summer also brings the opportunity to throw more parties! And I do love a good party. Especially when I can host the shindig outside (yay! for minimal house cleaning!)
However, Etsy is my favorite stop for adding that special touch. And since some things are too good to keep to myself, here are some of my favorite Summer Lovin’ Etsy Finds!
- When I was a teenager, my parents took me and my sisters on a long road trip. We saw Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, and the Corn Palace. I don’t remember thinking a Palace dedicated to corn was odd but maybe that was just my Mid-western blood. Jay, on the other hand, thinks it’s totally strange. Thankfully, I’m not alone in my corn on the cob love — June 11th is National Corn on the Cob Day!
- Maybe corn isn’t your thing. That’s okay cuz June 18th is International Picnic Day. It’s also International Panic Day but there’s no need to panic — It’s time to Picnic! So pick up a set of Yard Dice, invite some friends over, and keep it simple.
- Just to break up my food consumption, let’s acknowledge the fact that July 6th is International Kissing Day. Slap on the lip balm and pucker up!
- Probably my favorite wacky holiday on this list is National Ice Cream Day!! It was born the same year I was so I think I’m fated to love it. Send out the invitations, hang the adorable bunting and enjoy the best-est holiday EVER!!
- I haven’t even made it to August with the last one (oh darn, I’ll have to make another list) but July 30th is the International Day of Friendship. Go old school and get your bff a friendship bracelet!
Do you have a favorite wacky holiday? What do you do to celebrate?