Autumn, You bring the cooler temperatures, the leaves golden in all their splendor, and the heavy, rich foods now socially acceptable to bring to my table. For these many wonderful gifts that you bring, I can only say two words — Thank you.
Okay, so I’m in a strange mood today. I generally try to keep it a bit under wraps but this Fall weather has got me all out of sorts with excitement. Cold weather food is my absolute favorite! In fact, my love of homemade tomato soup and chicken & zucchini casserole are often the only reasons I have a summer garden. Yes, I know, I’m a weird one.
However, today, I don’t have a soup or even a casserole for you. I have a lovely (and super easy) chocolate pumpkin pie quesadilla.
I was inspired by the pumpkin everything that I saw at the store and the quesadilla maker that I felt the need to buy. (I have a strange addiction to kitchen gadgets) Craving something pumpkin pie-ish but not desiring to put in all the work, I pieced together some favorites flavors for something A-MAZE-ING and easy.
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Quesadille
Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Yum? What's not to love?
- 1 – 15oz Can of Pumpkin Puree (Don’t buy the pie filling. It’s too runny.)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Medium Tortillas
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the puree, brown sugar, and the spice together well.
- Heat the quesadilla maker. Lay a tortilla in the quesadilla maker.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of puree onto one side of the tortilla. Add chocolate chips.
- Fold tortilla over, close quesadilla maker, let cook for about one minute.
- Remove quesadilla and enjoy with some whipped cream.
Badda Bing! All done. I told you that it was easy. Of course, if you’re not a fan of the chocolate and pumpkin flavors blended, you can always nix the chocolate chips.